Add a Google Maps Feature to Your Rheti App
Rheti makes it easy to add Google Maps into your app. This tutorial will show you the steps it takes to connect Rheti with your Youtube Account, which Google API client ID.
If you have not already done so, you should create a Keystore within Rheti; otherwise, this feature will not work. To do so, go to account settings on Rheti and click on Application Signature. Fill in all of the fields on this page. Once you are done, you will see a popup asking you to confirm your Application Signature. If all the information is correct, select OK. Rheti then sends you this information via email for your records. It might take a few minutes to receive the email. Once you receive it, the information will also be available under the “Application Signature” section. You will need this information later on.
1. Go to https://cloud.google.com/console. If you aren’t signed in your Google Account, sign in.
2. Click on the red “Create New Project” button.
3. Agree to the Terms of Service and press “Create”.
4. Click on “APIs and Auth” in the top left menu.
5. Click on “APIs” and scroll down. Next to “Google Maps Android API vw” press “Enable”. Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
6. Click on “Credentials” in the left menu.
7. Under “Public API access” press “Create New Key”.
8. Select “Android Key” and the following pop up will appear.
9. In this popup, you will need to copy the SHA you received when you registered it under the Rheti Account Settings page.You need to copy the SHA1 and paste it in the Google Play popup window. You will then need to add a semicolon “;” and write in the package name.The package name is listed under the API access / services dialog in Rheti. Package name typically begins with “com.” Make sure that what you entered reads like this “SHA1;package name”.Click on Create.
10. Copy the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret into Rheti.
This can be done by going to “Account” from the Rheti main screen, selecting the “Account Settings” tab, going to “Services”, and selecting the Google Maps icon.
11. Insert the Rheti Google Maps feature into your app.